cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0: Discovering the Different Dimensions of 3D Plots

AnnaGiangregori
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime 2.0: Discovering the Different Dimensions of 3D Plots

Happy Monday All!

The Mathcad Prime 2.0 blog series continues today with a brand new topic: 3D plots! Read today's post, "Mathcad Prime 2.0: Discovering the Different Dimensions of 3D Plots", and learn all about some of the new and updated features of 3D plots that will be available in Mathcad Prime 2.0!

Here is an excerpt: "Many complex models require 3D views to better understand these models and data. Now, with Mathcad Prime 2.0, you will be able to create 3D plots based on your data with even more ease and accuracy.There are a number of features that are new to Mathcad Prime 2.0. To begin, I will discuss the controls. At the left of each 3D plot you insert into your Mathcad worksheet, you see four different control options. If you look at the image below, from top to bottom they are spin, pan, zoom, andreset. The pan control is a completely new tool that allows you to drag and reposition your 3D plot."

Continue reading here to learn more about these controls and many other features.

I hope you enjoy.

-Anna

2 REPLIES 2

I will admit that there are some features in 3D plotting that are useful additions.

(I don't do a lot of 3D plotting, some others could probably do better than I here, BUT

Before you pat yourselves on the back and declare yourselves done, take a look at the enclosed fersion 14 sheet.

We could create the first several graphs from your blog in version 14 (11, 8, 7. . ); we might have to use CreateMesh a bit more than now, but the results were still the same.

What is still missing from Prime:

• Color maps. All we have is solid colors, which makes contour plots much less usefull.
  • Axis Labels?
  • Titles?

By the way, I got used to clicking the dialog box open on the graph; still not used to redirecting my attention to the ribbon.

By the way, I got used to clicking the dialog box open on the graph; still not used to redirecting my attention to the ribbon.

I suppose that's something we are all going to have to get use too!!!

Mike

Top Tags