cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 default document properties

Pierre_From_Mon
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 default document properties

Hi there,

I am learning Mathcad Prime 2.0 with the trial release and I want to set the default document properties how can I do that? Example: I want to set the grid mesh to fine and set a zoom factor etc. for all my newly open documents I know that previous release had a normal.mct file or templates for that but I've check and I can't see it. I have check in the help but I found nothing maybe it is because I use the French release and it may not be as complete as the English yet, it is true that that release is only available for 5 days.

Pierre from Montreal.

Thank you, bye.

10 REPLIES 10
tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:Pierre_From_Mon)

Pierre,

I have looked for the same functionality. I is key to making good reports over time. Let me know if you can find how to change the plot text. It can bearly be read.

Cheers,

David

Mathcad Prime 2.0 does not have templates, but you can make one for yourself. Just create a worksheet with all the settings that you want, and save it as a master template. Start every new worksheet from the master, just remembering to first do a Save As.

The zoom that you set for a worksheet, should be the same for the next worksheet you open. So zoom is saved per session and beyond.

The French version and all other language versions of Mathcad Prime 2.0 have all the same features. The only difference is that we used English keyboard shortcuts, so they may not work on other language keyboards. You can check the keyboard shortcuts for your language under Help.

We are planning templates for Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Mona

Ok it is a good workaround. I have never realized that the zoom factor was saved between sessions. I checked and it is saved.

I will be able to recover my margin settings, grid mesh spacing, page mode etc.

Conclusion: Stop searching for templates or similar ways it is not implemented yet!

Lastly is there a way (link) to report a bug in Mathcad Prime 2.0 or in the tutorials?

People at PTC are reading the discussions, very good and important.

Thank you, bye.

Pierre_From_Montreal wrote:

...Lastly is there a way (link) to report a bug in Mathcad Prime 2.0 or in the tutorials?...

You can create a new case with a description of the problem that you are interested in, here: "Log a New Case".

@PTC:

When you add the template feature please take care that it should be possible to choose the location of the template folder during installation (network drive).

This makes the maintanance much easier.

There should be the possibility to define custom templates which can be choosen at startup (or the solution like in Mathcad 15).

Martin,

We plan to add all of those capabilities for Mathcad Prime 3.0. We plan to provide some built-in templates, a folder for custom templates, and the ability to set up a network drive for shared templates.

Regards,

Mona

WTF???

I just moved over to MC prime 2. If it was in MC 15 why was it removed for MC prime? more PTC bungling....

I just moved over to MC prime 2. If it was in MC 15 why was it removed for MC prime? more PTC bungling....

Its a rather old thread.

The features weren't removed, they never were implemented in Prime.

A pity you didn't stumbled acroos this forum sooner to be better informed before moving.

Unfortunately, the choice isn't entirely mine, however, one would expect that newer versions of software would build on the old and become more feature rich rather than losing basic features.

JONATHAN PENNER schrieb:

Unfortunately, the choice isn't entirely mine, however, one would expect that newer versions of software would build on the old and become more feature rich rather than losing basic features.

You're right, I would second that. Thats the reason I call it Prime 0.2 instead of 2.0. There are quite some threads here dealing with the factor that Prime in version 2 is still not mature enough and probably will not be that in version 3 either. I dislike Prime for various reasons and am happy I have the opportunity to stay with 15.

BTW, PTC itself have always stated that Prime will have the feature of M15 not until version 3.0. But rumour has it that even 3.0 will lack a lot of functionality we are used from M15.

Top Tags