cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad & WaterSteamPro

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Mathcad & WaterSteamPro

My English barometer, bought all the way in Greenwich, Mathcad and WaterSteamPro show that in Moscow water is now boiling at a temperature 2.3 degrees lower than at normal pressure. So eggs, soup, pasta, etc. need to be cooked longer!
Reminds me of Mark Twain.
“Our troubles are over; so people could rest, and I finally had the opportunity to pay attention to the scientific side of the expedition. First of all, I wanted to determine the height of the place where we were by means of a barometer, but, unfortunately, I did not get any results. I knew from my scientific readings that either the thermometer or the barometer had to be boiled to take a reading. Which of the two - I probably did not know and therefore decided to boil both.
Still got no results. Having examined both instruments, I saw that they were completely damaged: the barometer had only one copper needle, and a lump of mercury dangled in the thermometer ball ... I found another barometer; it was brand new and very good. I boiled it for half an hour in a pot of bean soup that the cook was making. The result was unexpected: the instrument completely ceased to function, but the soup acquired such a strong aftertaste of a barometer that the chief cook, a very intelligent man, changed its name in the list of dishes. The new dish won general approval, so I ordered barometer soup to be prepared every day. Of course, the barometer was completely flawed, but I didn't particularly regret it. Since he did not help me determine the height of the terrain, it means that I no longer need him'.

bar.png

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Are you sure the barometer indicates the correct air pressure?

It's either that, or the arrow is at its rest and can't indicate any lower value.

Luc

Now (21:48 not 8:00) the arrow points 950 mbar.

All ok with my barometer. With wether is not OK.

Today eggs can be boiled not so long

bar-1.png

Top Tags