cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad file backward compatibility

DF_10106177
2-Guest

Mathcad file backward compatibility

As per the original post

Hey!

I tried this to open a Prime 9 document in Prime 7 and didn't work. Do you have a solution for these two too?

7 REPLIES 7
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:DF_10106177)

@DF_10106177 wrote:

Hey!

I tried this to open a Prime 9 document in Prime 7 and didn't work. Do you have a solution for these two too?

Unfortunately no.

As I already wrote I guess that LucMeekes  could help here but I am not sure if he is willing to share the method he found to convert sheets between different Prime versions.

Another option would be to find someone with Prime 9 and Prime 7 installed (not me) who would be willing to copy and paste the regions of your Prime 9 sheet to a new Prime 7 sheet and send you the P7 file.

Yeah well I tried to install both of them but the basic ctrl+c ctrl+v didn't work

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

@DF_10106177 wrote:
Yeah well I tried to install both of them but the basic ctrl+c ctrl+v didn't work

As far as I know its not possible to copy more than one region at a time (thanks, PTC!). So you would have to copy them one after the other which can be quite time consuming for larger worksheets, not to mention the need to recreate the formatting/position of the regions as well.

Here in the forum it sometimes was said that its possible to put more regions in an area and that you can copy the whole (collapsed) area in one go, but when I once tried it, I had no success doing so.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It is possible to copy many regions over from Prime N to Prime N-n (where n is any number up to N-1) by packing them into a single area.

You must have Prime N and Prime N-n running on the same computer.

In Prime N you create an area in which you copy all regions that you want to bring over. Then you copy the area and paste it into a Prime N-n worksheet.

Then you in Prime N-n you can copy the regions to outside of the area and remove it

Beware: Errors (even fatal errors) may occur if you try to copy regions over that aren't supported in the Prime N-n version.

Success!
Luc

Well for me it just pasted it as a picture...I could not take the data out of the area 😞

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

This used to be possible. I just checked and it doesn't work anymore.

Since Prime 1...5 haven't changed, it must be due to other updates, I'm suspecting .Net  .

Success!
Luc

Well thanks for everyone's support. At the end of the day I had to copy every section one by one, which is unfortunate regarding that it was a 20 pages long document🥲

Announcements

Top Tags