cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad prime API

pbataju
1-Newbie

Mathcad prime API

Sorry to say but its so annoying.

I have been digging my head to get the API of mathcad prime the whole day.

I could only see discussion about the API and SDK files but not the link of any API so that I can download it

and use it in my programming.

I am very new to mathcad and without API I am not able to do anything.

If anyone had a link or document then I humbly request you to share me.

I would be very grateful.

* I am using Mathcad 30days trial version, should I have to buy Mathcad in order to use its API?

Regards,

Prarthana

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pbataju)

The API is built in to Prime. The SDK, you have to pay for (a ridiculous amount of money too). As far as I know, it works in the trial version. What are you trying to do?

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:RichardJ)

Automation definitely works in the trial version.

See this thread for additional information: NEW API for Mathcad Prime 3.1

As noted in that thread, "The API is part of Mathcad Prime 3.1 install. Look for MathcadPrimeAutomation.tlb and MathcadPrimeAutomation.dll."

Edit: the link above is a very long thread in which there is much back & forth regarding the cost of the SDK.  However, at the bottom, there is some sample code and I made a few important notes.  See the comments starting with https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/NEW-API-for-Mathcad-Prime-3-1/m-p/12422#424595

Hi Richard,

Thank your for the reply.

1.First, I want to connect ".mcdx file" using Mathcad API

2. Afer that, I want to create my own Mathcad prime addon to connect SolidWorks and Mathcad addon.

This is the task want to do but I didn't get any sample program or solution for it.

The link below shows how to use but didn't teach how to make an addon and so on.

Demonstration of Solidworks/MathCAD integration - YouTube.

Using c# I want to connect Mathcad, Worksheet and Solidworks.

Please do suggest me.

Regards,

Prarthana

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

PTC offers an SDK that includes code to do what you want. Unfortunately, they are asking a ridiculous $9000 for it. There is no documentation available other than the SDK.

There are a few threads on the forums with some example code. One is here: Getting Outputs with API

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Did you try the Solidworks integration available from PTC?  I provided a link for you in your other post (Solidworks to Mathcad Addin).

You can without any problem use the API with the trial and also with Mathcad express.

The API is found at:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathcad Prime 3.1\Ptc.MathcadPrime.Automation.dll

It is possible to figure out most of the stuff by looking at the object browser.

Top Tags