cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Name on thread

ELSID
4-Participant

Name on thread

Why is it that when I am NOT signed in to this portal, my post shows up with my e-mail address (when I registered with PTC, it automatically used my e-mail address as a user name). Yet, when I log in, my display name is used. I would like to change my username on file with PTC!

Thanks

ElSid

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ELSID)

Click on your name at the top of the screen, directly below the planetptc logo. That will take you to your profile. Over to the right, click on "Change display name".

There is currently a really irritating bug that means you have to do this every time you log in, because the act of logging in changes your displayed name back to your email address (at least, it does for me)!

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:ELSID)

I agree.

I'd like my old login back, rathewr than having to 'expose' my email address as standard.

Philip

'philipoakley'

I'd like my old login back, rathewr than having to 'expose' my email address as standard.

I am hoping they will fix that. If you go to your profile and then "edit profile" you will see your First Name, Last Name, and email. Well, maybe you will only see spaces for First Name and Last Name, as I do. Despite the red asterisk, which probably means "required field" (there is no footnote that actually says what it means), mine are blank. You can also set whether to show or hide your name and email. At the top of the page it gives a link to manage your first and last names, which takes you to your PTC account. My PTC account is set correctly though and I still don't see my first or last name, but I assume I will when it's fixed. I also assume that when it's fixed, if you choose to not show this information then it will honor that request and not show your login name, since that is your email address.

Until then, you can change your display name as I described in the post above.

Announcements

Top Tags