cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Newbie question regarding installing Mathcad

LærkeJansen
1-Newbie

Newbie question regarding installing Mathcad

Hi everyone

I`m having trouble to get my mathcad 15 running. I have a macbook pro, where I have installed af software called wmfusion, a virtual drive to run windows in. I have installed Mathcad 15, but have never been able to use it, because a message occours, " mathcad stopped working"

It says something about a BEX problem, and a msvcx.dll error, I think..... Could post a screen dump if needed?

Are there anyone out there who would help me on this problem ??

Kindly

Lærke

9 REPLIES 9

Lærke, hello!

So, you bought Mathcad 15, to use it on MAC?

Laerke,

There are a number of users using Mathcad on Macs with PC emulation software, although it is not officially supported. Check that you have .Net 3.5 SP1, MSXML 4.0 SP2, and MDAC 2.8 installed.

Mona

Hi Mona

thx for your reply/tips, I will try to see if the files you mention are installed, if not, I´ll certantly will.

I´ll be back

Have a nice evening, if you are there yet 😉

Kindly

Lærke

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mzeftel)

Mona Zeftel wrote:

...Net 3.5 SP1, MSXML 4.0 SP1, and MDAC 2.8 installed...

MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required) .

Mathcad_Requirements.jpg

Thanks Vladimir, I updated my typo.

Mona

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mzeftel)

No problem.

Hello, it's still not working, grrrr....

I really can't make it work, but for 3 of my school mates it works, though we use the exact same MacBook pros and same virtual machine wm fusion.... To be honest, I don't know how to find out if the files you mentions are installed...Please please help me

Hi Laerke,

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. Go to http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm, and you will be led through the steps to a solution. If you don't have access to the PTC website, you will need to set up a basic account. Make sure you have your product code.

You have 30-days of technical support after you purchase Mathcad.

Best regards,

Mona

Hi Mona

Thank you SO much, I'll try it tonight, will be back , thx

Lærke

Top Tags