cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Now That’s What I Call Performance! A Sneak Peek at Mathcad Prime 2.0

AnnaGiangregori
6-Contributor

Now That’s What I Call Performance! A Sneak Peek at Mathcad Prime 2.0

The next couple of posts in this Mathcad Prime 2.0 blog series will be all about performance. In today's post, "Now That's What I Call Performance! A Sneak Peek at Mathcad Prime 2.0", learn how Mathcad Prime 2.0 will be faster and more robust than any other Mathcad software before it. Here is an excerpt from today's blog post:

"The first improvement, from the engine side, is that the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) that serves numeric functions in Mathcad has been upgraded from version 7 to 10.2. This is an advantage because Mathcad Prime 2.0 is now fully multi-threaded and optimized for current architectures.

Ghaddar explained, “The MKL library will automatically detect the user’s architecture and grab the suitable number of free cores on multiprocessor machines to provide the best performance. For best performance in concurrent computations, one needs to strike the right balance between load and communications.

Numerical experiments in Mathcad Prime 2.0, with some linear algebra functions, have shown that generally running on 2-4 processors will always yield the best improvements. The default is currently set to 2 processors and the user will have the option to change the number of threads.”

Read the full article here.

I also wanted to call everyone's attention to a t-shirt giveaway on PlanetPTC Community. Read this quick blog post, comment about your own favorite LearningExchange videos, and have the chance to win a free PTC t-shirt!

I hope you enjoy both blog posts and have a great weekend!

-Anna

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags