cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Parabola Problem

hilbert
1-Newbie

Parabola Problem

See attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:hilbert)

Not my work, but thought I would share.

Mike

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This could use a little clean-up to remove the cut-and-paste dependency in the symbolics, but I think this is about as much effort as I'm prepared to put into it.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Lovely work Richard, very nice.

Mike

My solution is attached.

Well, ringing in a bit late...dunno where some of you get the time 😉 I thought that I'd try a computational approach...though my first thought was to pursue the direction that Richard went in..and my solution has limited range, in a sense, because it /is/ computational, and not function-driven. I went on the assumption that I didn't know the answer, so I couldn't program a [hyperbola, for example]...

~R~

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Ninetrees)

Nice answer Rich.

Two examples to document from one thread - good day

Mike

Thanks, Mike,

I don't have Mathcad handy, so can't look at the latest.

I recommend that we begin to adopt a naming convention such as this one

Parabola Problem rlm 1.0.M14.xmcd

where the base name help us keep track of the file, the initials help us distinguish twixt the submitters, the next number logs individual effort, and the Mxx tells us which version saved the file...this would minimize the filename duplication that we have now (3 files in this thread w virtually same name), and also keep the base name the same so that we know where to look for the file once we have downloaded it (one of the files w different base name)...'course, I'm really being self-serving here, because this old brain can't keep track of the details as it once might have... 😉

...and wrt my file, one can see that it has limitations...I forget how to blow it up, but it's not hard...neither would the fixes be, but I posted it as an approach, not a polished solution.

Hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving (for those of you who celebrate), and a geat weekend (for those who don't), sharing with family and friends. Safe journeys wherever you are 😉

~R~

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Not my work, but thought I would share.

Mike

Top Tags