cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Piecewise Linear function Error

Abdur_2063
8-Gravel

Piecewise Linear function Error

Hi,

I am new to Mathcad and face some problems. I have attached a file in which I am trying to plot the displacement using the Piecewise Linear Interpolation method of structural dynamics. I have defined all variables and put them in the loop, but when I try to plot displacement (u) versus time (t1), I get an error "this value must be a vector".

I would really appreciate it if you could help me resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just had a quick glance at your sheet and here are a few remarks:

Werner_E_0-1697370620495.png

I had not looked further to spot the reason for the unit mismatch and had not looked further down in the sheet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Just had a quick glance at your sheet and here are a few remarks:

Werner_E_0-1697370620495.png

I had not looked further to spot the reason for the unit mismatch and had not looked further down in the sheet.

Looked further and spotted the unit mismatch. In the calculation of D1 you were missing dt.1 in the denominator.

See attached file.

I also assumed that you actually did not want u to be a function of the four arguments you provided and so I changed that , too.

Werner_E_0-1697382454099.png

Werner_E_1-1697382474495.pngWerner_E_2-1697382489664.png

Thank you very much @Werner_E. I really appreciate your quick response and solving my error. Yes, I will incorporate these changes.

Once again, thank you

Abdur

You're welcome.

Just an additional note: Its not necessary to apply vectorization when calculating u and u' as the calculation only deals with scalars.

Yes, I got it. 

Thanks for the help. It cleared my confusion.

Abdur

Top Tags