cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Polyroots: this value must be a scalar (Mathcad 15.0 M050)

ClaudioPedrazzi
11-Garnet

Polyroots: this value must be a scalar (Mathcad 15.0 M050)

Hi everyone

I get an error message trying to use polyroots: this value must be a scalar.

It seems to me, that the exact same error is also in the Quicksheet (see image).

3.PNG

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Regards, Claudio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would do it like this

regards 

Owe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I would do it like this

regards 

Owe

Thanks a lot Owe! it works now also in my case: so this would mean, the quicksheet is somehow wrong! 

No, the quicksheet is not wrong and o.svahn has shown exactly whats in the quicksheet,

I am not sure what went wrong on your side, but when I open the quicksheet it works perfectly OK:

Werner_E_0-1644500837167.png

Hi Werner

you are right.  In fact the answer of @o.svahn appeared to me too identical.  But the fact is that I deleted the appropriate lines, typed them again (I do not use coeffs, I just define the vector myself) and then it worked.

And now if I start from scratch MathCAD and go to the help and then open the quicksheet, it does not show the error anymore. Fortunately I documented it 😁 or someone could think I dreamed the problem!

The exact sequence is this: I looked at the help (only), typed the requested instructions in my worksheet, it gave the error "this should be a scalar", then I went to the help and opened the quicksheet and I had the same message in it. !!

Possibly a "corrupted" session.

No matter what, now it is working perfectly.  Sorry for disturbing everyone!

Claudio

Top Tags