cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Populating a list box with the first column of a text tab delimitated text file.

BillWilson
1-Newbie

Populating a list box with the first column of a text tab delimitated text file.

Hi,

I need to use a list box to avoid data entry errors by end users. The listbox should consist of data from the first column of a tab delimitated text file that is maintained by other individuals.

I have successfully written vbscript to load each line of the text file into the listbox, but the appearance is unsightly and confusing.

Can anyone help me figure out how to load just the first column of the tab deliminated text file into the list box.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

I may have been looking for Zebras trying to find a vbscript solution for pulling out the first column of the text file.

I have a solution.

I have attached sample MathCAD and spec file.

Import text file.

Run program loop to extract first column (Product name) values as a vector.

Use vector as ListBoxOptions input varible.

Create listbox script to output selected product name and row # of selected product name.

Use row varible row number and known column numbers to establish specification varibles.

Thank to those who looked and considered my post.

Top Tags