cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Prime Example of weird Excel Read In

Raiko
16-Pearl

Prime Example of weird Excel Read In

Hello Folks,

I gave MathCad Prome this morning a try to check whether I might be able to replicate my work which I so far have done with MC 15. (64 bit Win 7 machine).

However, I was stopped right at the beginning by this weird readin behaviour.

The data file I'm reading in contains mixed characters and data (to have them both in one array is great!) but, alas, it doesn't read it in properly. Does anybody has an idea what's the culprit?

Thanks in advance

Raiko

P.S.

Attached files are MAthCad Prime 1.0 and an Excel 2007.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Andy,

thanks for answering. As I said, I gave MC Prime a try but I won't use it any time soon. Based on what I read and my current experience I think it is much safer that way

Cheers

Raiko

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:Raiko)

Hi Raiko,

I think that it is some oddity in prime1.0,

I opened the file in prime 2.0 & saw the same answer as you see in 1.0, hitting <ctrl> <F9> to re-run the sheet gave a correct answer & a saved version works every time.

I've tried the same in prime 1.0 & it always fails.

Definitely an improvement but so much that mathcad 15 will do that prime can't that I'm only looking at it as an academic exercise at the moment

Regards

Andy

Hello Andy,

thanks for answering. As I said, I gave MC Prime a try but I won't use it any time soon. Based on what I read and my current experience I think it is much safer that way

Cheers

Raiko

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Raiko)

Hello!

You reported about this issue to PTC's technical support?

No, not so far.

I was kind of hoping they notice it anyway

Raiko

Whats to report, looks like its only an issue for Prime 1

Andy

Yes, document recalculation helps in this case for MP 2.0.

Top Tags