cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Prime Table observations

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Prime Table observations

I've recently been using the Table feature as an easy way to list my input after seeing an exmaple posted here.  This spawned a few observations that may be of interest.  

First, a one row table is a scalar and not a vector.  It's handy, but I've never seen it documented that this is an intended feature.  

sv.jpg

Next, I was entering data and tried to enter data as follows (a calculation).  I wasn't optimistic it would work, but it gives an answer for D_2.  It's the right value - but has changed units. 

table4.jpg

So, it appears that the unit in the table heading is simply multiplied by whatever is in the column.  Here's  how I get what I'm after (remove the column units). 

table3.jpg    

I guess this was surprising as I expected D2 to be inches no matter what I entered.  And if the units didn't work out I expected an error.  But, D2 in fact comes through with whatever it calculates. 

aaa.jpg  

I'm curious if anyone else feels this is a questionable practice.  It'd be nice if something like this returned all inches (i.e. lengths), instead of an area.

lll.jpg

1 REPLY 1
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:DJF)

Scalar, Vector, Function etc

svf.png

Announcements

Top Tags