cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Prime (with me) cannot solve a transportation problem

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Prime (with me) cannot solve a transportation problem

Or new solver of Mathcad Prime is not correct or I do something wrong!

See the picture and the sheet in attach!

In Mathcad 15 all was OK!

About this transportation problem see here.

transport-mcdx-error.png

10 REPLIES 10

Transport.PNG

All I did was to click Calculate in the Calculation menu! Prime is weird!!

Alan

ALAN STEVENS wrote:

... Prime is weird!!

Alan

Prime must have taken exception to this comment as it subsequently refused to work! I had to reboot my PC to get it working again. What did you put in that transport worksheet Valery?!!!!

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

What did you put in that transport worksheet Valery?!!!!

Alan

See please http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad/blog/2012/11/06/transportation-problem--one-paradox

Yes, I saw your original and that worked ok when I typed it into M15.

I got your Prime version to work in two ways:

1. I removed the units from the PT function, then reinserted them. That caused the sheet to recalculate, which it did correctly.

2. I then reloaded your original sheet and just clicked on Calculate and that worked also - I don't understand why this didn't work for you.

Alan

Sorry, I do it - but no effect:

transport-calc.png

Even stranger! Try removing the units and then putting them back again.

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

Even stranger! Try removing the units and then putting them back again.

Alan

Sane (not correct) result!

Please note: Mathcad Prime 2.0 will _not_ recalculate automatically when opening a document. If the incorrect result was created with an earlier version of Mathcad, it will display the saved result as originally calculated.

I presume that the issue has been fixed in Mathcad Prime 2.0 M010. This if opening with new version and recalculating, you would expect to see the correct result.

Let me know which version of Mathcad you are using.

Thanks,

--Jakov

Jakov Kucan wrote:

Please note: Mathcad Prime 2.0 will _not_ recalculate automatically when opening a document. If the incorrect result was created with an earlier version of Mathcad, it will display the saved result as originally calculated.

I presume that the issue has been fixed in Mathcad Prime 2.0 M010. This if opening with new version and recalculating, you would expect to see the correct result.

Let me know which version of Mathcad you are using.

Thanks,

--Jakov

I have Prime 2 M010 and recalculating made Valery's worksheet recalculate correctly. But why did Prime subsequently fail to open properly (until I rebooted)?

Alan

Top Tags