cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem of solving Non-linear Differential Equations. Need help(mathcad15)

Alperc
3-Visitor

Problem of solving Non-linear Differential Equations. Need help(mathcad15)

Hello,

I have been trying to solve this equation however no matter what I tried, I couldn't come up with an answer.

All the functions appearing in the differential equation is defined but at the end, it can not solve.

What is the problem?

I also included the file I am trying to solve.

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Alperc)

You do  not appear to have a function q(), but in your initial conditions you state  q(0)=0 and q'(0)=0.

That should be at least confusing for the Mathcad solver.

Success!
Luc

I realized afterward, but still, it is not solving...

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

There may be more wrong. I could not see all of the file.

Please save the current state as a Mathcad 11 file, and attach.

Luc

I am trying to get a q vs T plot. However, as in the equation, T is a function of dq/dt.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Please do NOT put your files in an archive, and certainly not in a RAR file (If you need to archive, use ZIP, I've experienced multiple occasions where Unrar produced errors). You can attach .mcd, .xmcd and .mcdx files directly, and you can add multiple files to a post (although that may require you to edit your post).

You are still using q as a function and you have NOT defined that function. So dq/dt leads to nothing.

Once you have defined q(t), you can refer to its derivative, but then use dq(t)/dt, or (in a solve block) q'(t), but not dq/dt...

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Are you looking for something like this?

B.png

Announcements

Top Tags