cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Problem with fonts

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Problem with fonts

Hello everyone,
it has always happened to me that files containing text and formulas (M15), written with "Times New Roman" fonts, saved and then opened, show areas of text written in "Arial" fonts different from the previous ones. What to do to eliminate this anomaly? See the example in the photo:problema con fonts.jpg

thanks for your attention and best regards.

Francesco M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

but I can't reproduce the "phenomenon". 

Too bad. Those sporadic and seemingly random errors are quite hard to track down.

If its a bug in MC15- (and possibly it is) I don't have much hope that it will be fixed. Maybe a workaround is to avoid too large text boxes mixed with math regions and rather split them into several separate regions - just an idea.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I never experienced this effect but actually I seldom bother using many text fields or changing the font there as for typesetting scientific papers there sure are better ways than using Mathcad.

But I gave it a try just now and created a test sheet with a text box containing different fonts in dfferent sizes and also a few math regions. I saved it, close Mathcad an when I opened the file again all was as it should be - no change in font or anything.

Can you give a step by step instruction how to reproduce the undesired effect?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I copied some parts of the file into a new file, but I can't reproduce the "phenomenon". The original file is approximately 30MB.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

but I can't reproduce the "phenomenon". 

Too bad. Those sporadic and seemingly random errors are quite hard to track down.

If its a bug in MC15- (and possibly it is) I don't have much hope that it will be fixed. Maybe a workaround is to avoid too large text boxes mixed with math regions and rather split them into several separate regions - just an idea.

Top Tags