cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Programming Genetic Algorithm

yaselcs-disable
1-Newbie

Programming Genetic Algorithm

Some body can help me about this, I just need the implementation of genetic algorithm for optimization problem (single example).

Thank before hand
13 REPLIES 13

On 2/3/2010 10:46:56 AM, yaselcs wrote:
>Some body can help me about
>this, I just need the
>implementation of genetic
>algorithm for optimization
>problem (single example).
>
>Thank before hand
See please
http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MAS/Worksheets/Minimum.mcd

Val
http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/v_ochkov.htm

On 2/3/2010 10:46:56 AM, yaselcs wrote:
>Some body can help me about
>this, I just need the
>implementation of genetic
>algorithm for optimization
>problem (single example).
>
>Thank before hand

You mean "generic" ?

Mathcad is rich "optimizing". The subject is so wide and you don't have a specific project to start with. Do you have a work sheet in hand ?

jmG

>You mean "generic" ?

>jmG
No! He (or she) means "genetic".
Genetic algorithms are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms (EA) that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. (quote from Wikipedia)

There is a downloadable mathcad genetic algorithm program (called GApareto) at the following address:

http://homepage.mac.com/koichi_takasaki/lib/mcadfiles.html
However, it is completely uncommented, so you'll have to work hard to figure out what's going on! Actually, it shouldn't be too hard if you already know about genetic algorithms and mathcad. I can't vouch for its usefulness or validity.

stv

Thanks "stv"

It generates some points and a graph. The first graph flies in the blue at right with no connection point . Hard to figure why ? Maybe a version problem. Maybe the visiting collab can tell more and how it relates to his project.

jmG

On 2/3/2010 12:48:30 PM, stv wrote:

>However, it is completely uncommented, so you'll have to work hard to figure out what's going on!

To help understand the file: Parents have some properties (let's say arm lenght and strength in the hand) wich their children inherit with some mutation, this is, the arms have a different lenght and hand different strength. So, some childs become parents and other not (this is, not all die, but because their arm length they have not child or have less, or don't care enough, that's not matter). Some equations says what arm length is better for the hand's strength, and the process continues.

Also the process can have some restrictions, like structural, or more evolutive, like the fact that big strengths require big amounts of energy, and thermodinamical considerations imposse limits about the hand's strength.

For a big number of properties it's problematic know which properties drive the process; Pareto's ranking is apply here. Remember that Wilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto, born in Paris, implement the rule 80-20.

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

You are so good at that stuff, then why not share your knowledge and understanding with some examples in the work sheet. Lot of us will gladly read you and then share with the layman.

"La science nous est donn�e pour le partage"

jmG

I don't use never genetic algorithm in a real problem never, so have not too much to share; only those few words about the variable names in the Stv's file link.

Regards. Alvaro.

"you sont annul�s si vous oubliez une fois que les fruits du monde appartiennent � nous tout, et le monde lui-m�me � personne "

�Par Engels, Althusser ou le v�tre?

Regards. Alvaro.

I was quoting from J. J. Rousseasu�s �Inequality of Mankind,� translated into English then back to French. Since I suffer from progressive nerve deafness, I became provocative to the main stream of society, an observer would say. Things like the transistor, fuel cell, ZIP postal code, color TV, oral polio vaccine, seat belts and air bags, computers, radar antennas, importing high level Nazi engineers and scientists to the USA after the war, the Venona files, Sen. McCarthy, etc.. all came from me. Then the literary societies got ahold of my career and I became 007. Maybe closer to Althusser, not Engles. But the strong rob the weak, and I am on food stamps.

Thank you so much.

I need an implementation of GA for traveling salesman problem

So you have said. The fact that nobody offered one probably means nobody has one to offer.

Richard
Announcements

Top Tags