cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Programming

ranggi_raj-disa
1-Newbie

Programming

Hi

I am designing a microstrip coupled for phase shifter.As the impedance varries with the width and spacing of the microstrip, i have created the equations.However i need to match the impedance to be equal to 50 ohm by varrying the value of the spacing,s and width,W of the microstrip.Is there any programming or steps that i can include to the equation created so that mathcad will list all the possible value of the s and h for 50ohm impedance.

Hope to get a reply

Advance Thanks for the help.Much Appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

On 11/19/2009 10:20:21 AM, ranggi_raj wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am designing a microstrip
>coupled for phase shifter.As
>the impedance varries with the
>width and spacing of the
>microstrip, i have created the
>equations.However i need to
>match the impedance to be
>equal to 50 ohm by varrying
>the value of the spacing,s and
>width,W of the microstrip.Is
>there any programming or steps
>that i can include to the
>equation created so that
>mathcad will list all the
>possible value of the s and h
>for 50ohm impedance.

Yes, but it's going to be hard to describe how to do it without seeing what you already have in your worksheet. Can you post it? If yes, it's best to save it to version 11 format: you'll get a wider audience.

Richard

>Hope to get a reply<<br> _____________________

You won't w/o work sheet !

jmG

On 11/19/2009 10:20:21 AM, ranggi_raj wrote:
== I am designing a microstrip coupled for phase shifter.As the impedance varries with the width and spacing of the microstrip, i have created the equations.However i need to match the impedance to be equal to 50 ohm by varrying the value of the spacing,s and width,W of the microstrip.Is there any programming or steps that i can include to the equation created so that mathcad will list all the possible value of the s and h for 50ohm impedance.

Does the attached help at all?

Stuart

There is no such thing as all possible values. Both s and W are continuous and you have an infinite number of possible solutions. What you can do is create a function that expresses s in terms of W (or W in terms of s) and plot that function. I don't know the form of your equations, so don't know if such a function can be written in explicit form (using the solve symbolic keyword) or whether you need to base it on find.

If you also have some criterion of goodness (or badness) in the form of a function of s and W you can use maximize (or minimize) to calculate an optimal value for W (or s).

Top Tags