cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

RPM unit translation Fix

AlanD
3-Visitor

RPM unit translation Fix

AlanD_0-1594457315321.png

Hello everyone. I found out that the Rpm unit is not revolutions per minute, but radians per minute. So, could you please fix Russian localization from "об/мин" (обороты в минуту - revolutions per minute) for (радиан/минуту - radians). 21 pages of calculations became wrong when I realized it. Thanks a lot. 

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AlanD)

It's not only the Russian localization that names it reolutions. English, Prime4:

LucMeekes_0-1594553687345.png

Since it is susceptible to misunderstanding (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_per_minute), It's always best to first try out what a unit means (see above), before using it.

Success!
Luc

FredKohlhepp_0-1594563355493.png

Since I worked with rotating machinery (and FFT's a lot) I usually defined a new unit:

FredKohlhepp_1-1594563480000.png

I could then plot FFT frequencies in RPM that would correlate with the rotating speeds in rpm.

(Managers NEVER challenged the difference, only engineers trying to use Mathcad ever did.)

Ob-min.png

Top Tags