cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

RPM unit translation Fix

AlanD
3-Visitor

RPM unit translation Fix

AlanD_0-1594457315321.png

Hello everyone. I found out that the Rpm unit is not revolutions per minute, but radians per minute. So, could you please fix Russian localization from "об/мин" (обороты в минуту - revolutions per minute) for (радиан/минуту - radians). 21 pages of calculations became wrong when I realized it. Thanks a lot. 

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AlanD)

It's not only the Russian localization that names it reolutions. English, Prime4:

LucMeekes_0-1594553687345.png

Since it is susceptible to misunderstanding (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_per_minute), It's always best to first try out what a unit means (see above), before using it.

Success!
Luc

FredKohlhepp_0-1594563355493.png

Since I worked with rotating machinery (and FFT's a lot) I usually defined a new unit:

FredKohlhepp_1-1594563480000.png

I could then plot FFT frequencies in RPM that would correlate with the rotating speeds in rpm.

(Managers NEVER challenged the difference, only engineers trying to use Mathcad ever did.)

Ob-min.png

Top Tags