cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Radio button and Push button display

spaco
3-Visitor

Radio button and Push button display

In Mathcad 15 M020 I tried to insert a Radio button or a Push button but Mathcad does not display it.

If I right click on the inserted blank "entity", Mathcad displays "An internal error has occurred".

I mention that I use Win 7 Classic view.

27 REPLIES 27

Can you create a surface plot?

1. Yes and it's OK.

2. I asked someone to insert using v15 M010 and all is OK.

3. Using v15 M020, if I insert a Radio button and Push button + save the file, at the opening =>

"Warning: an unrecoverable read error has occurred, 2 regions could not be read from this document".

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:spaco)

Anyone can replicate this, please?

I want to know if this is a bug or it's only my computer.

Thank you

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I am using MC15M020 and when I try to open the file you posted I get the same error as you describe.

Nevertheless I am able to insert Radio Buttons and Push Buttons, save and reopen without any error.

I attach a test worksheet with Radio and Push button controls and additional the according Webcontrols.

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:Werner_E)

I can open the file you attached.

I can insert any other button except Radio and Push.

I reinstalled. No result.

Weird.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Strange, have no clue what the cause could be, either.

But at least I would guess its not a M020 issue.

Sorry, I think Mathcad 15 is only for Windows XP. For Win 7 & 8 - Mathcad Prime!

We can use Mathcad 15 with Win 7 & 8 - but with some problems.

Valery Ochkov schrieb:

Sorry, I think Mathcad 15 is only for Windows XP. For Win 7 & 8 - Mathcad Prime!

We can use Mathcad 15 with Win 7 & 8 - but with some problems.

While this could be the cause I've never heard of that type of incompatibilty between Mathcad 15 and Windows 7.

What was reported in that respect was

1) Inability to get Mathcad15 up an running at Win7 at all

2) the problems with the 3D plot which in win7 (not in Win8, as Valery once wrote) could be solved by either reducing the color depth or dont't draw a border around the graph.

Given the problem of errors with components the cause may be that some of them are not properly registered with Windows. I vaguely remember a thread (not Win7 at those times, though) which explained step by step how to repair but couldn't find it after a quick search.

Good morning Mr. Valery,

I have used MC15 in W8 properly. I'm using the trial version but all the MathCad capabilities are OK.

Regards,

Oscar J.

Oscar Delgado wrote:

Good morning Mr. Valery,

I have used MC15 in W8 properly. I'm using the trial version but all the MathCad capabilities are OK.

Regards,

Oscar J.

A Surface plot is OK?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Virgil,

Try the following: click on the Windows start button and then on "Control Panel" -> "Programs" -> "Uninstall a Program" and then right click on "Mathcad 15" line and select "Repair".

VladimirN. schrieb:

Hi Virgil,

Try the following: click on the Windows start button and then on "Control Panel" -> "Programs" -> "Uninstall a Program" and then right click on "Mathcad 15" line and select "Repair".

That could work for some quirks. And Virgil wrote, that he already tried to reinstall without avail - should be as good as rapair, I guess.

As far as I remember a repair installation would not repair broken registration of components (if that should be the cause for the problem).

Let's wait for Virgil result.

VladimirN. schrieb:

Let's wait for Virgil result.

Yes, but then, he wrote once that he already tried a reinstallation. Should be as good as a repair, I guess.

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:VladimirN)

I tried, with no result:

- repair;

- uninstall/install (Mathcad, MSXML, vcredist, .NET).

In the end I submitted a case to PTC.

A local representative did the same I did using Team viewer and the result was the same.

I cannot insert Radio and Push. I can insert all the rest.

I found a workaround: insert a Check Box and change it's property to Radio or Push.

It seems that this is a flaw in the Radio and Push code, which does not allow insert (in some cases).

Hope that PTC will find the problem and fix it in the next update for v15.

Thank you all

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I still tend to believe that the effect has something to do with your system and not directly with MC15, as most of us have no problem with those components and tha latest MC15. On the other hand you wrote the same effect showed up on a second, independant installation, hmm???

Hope you get a response from PTC.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Virgil PANUS wrote:

... - uninstall/install (Mathcad, MSXML, vcredist, .NET)...

And which version of .NET Framework installed on your Win 7?

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:VladimirN)

I had 4.5 and he installed 4.0.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Virgil PANUS schrieb:

I had 4.5 and he installed 4.0.

4.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19662 should work in any case, I am not sure about 4.5

System requirements for Mathcad 15 according to PTC is .NET 3.5 or higher.

Werner Exinger wrote:

4.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19662 should work in any case, I am not sure about 4.5

Werner,

Link that you provided works for download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 but not for .NET Framework 4.0.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

In the Program Files/Mathcad 15 folder there is a program "mcregister.exe". Run it. Iw ill force reregistration of all Mathcad components. Make sure you run it as administrator.

Sorry. I should have said this ages ago, but I missed this thread.

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:RichardJ)

No result after using mcregister.exe.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Then I don't know what the problem is. As long as you ran it as administrator (right click, "Run as Administrator") that should fix component registraton issues.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

And what about WebControls?

All 5 Web Controls = OK.

Check, Text, List, Slider controls = OK.

Radio and Push controls = NOT OK.

Use please WebControls!

Do you need VB or Java Script?

Top Tags