cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Raeding in metadata from Windows folders

Raiko
16-Pearl

Raeding in metadata from Windows folders

Hi,

I have the tedious task to count folders and subfolders in order to determine a certain count. Does anybody have a sheet, preferably in MC15, that can count folders and access the date of creation of said folder?

Thanks in advance

Raiko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A little addition to help. I have added in a component from Richards collection which will allow you to select where folder and the relative path will be returned.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

Would something like this work for the first part?

Hello Mike,

thanks for responding. Can you give me an instruction on how to use your function?

Raiko

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hi Raiko,

The fuction was actually posted a while back by Philip Oakley. However, you will need to change the path "C:\YOUR PATH" to point at the folder were you want to count the files. Then you will be able to progress from there.

Mike, that much I understood. my problem however, is to count folders and not files. Therefore I can't work with extensions.

Any idea how to adapt the worksheet?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

RaikoRaiko Milanovic wrote:

Mike, that much I understood. my problem however, is to count folders and not files. Therefore I can't work with extensions.

Any idea how to adapt the worksheet?

Sorry Raiko, try the second scripted object in the attached worksheet.

A little addition to help. I have added in a component from Richards collection which will allow you to select where folder and the relative path will be returned.

Thank you Mike. That did the trick

Raiko

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

No problem. I can't take the credit for developing them, just reciting them

I can't find a component which indicates when a folder is created, but there is a component which calls up when a file is created if that will help.

Top Tags