cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Replacing values of built-in constants causes problems

henningsogaard
1-Newbie

Replacing values of built-in constants causes problems

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah!

I think I spotted it.

You are using Prime and the problem occurs because of Primes (auto) labeling "feature" - a major annoyance.

If you look closely you see, that the gamma in first and third expression is colored gray - this means its labeled as (built-in) constant.

The gamma in the second and fourth expression is colored black, so I guess its either labeled as variable or as "automatic" ( - ).

So you are working with two different gammas with different values.

Label manually accordingly to get the results you expected.

In Norms screenshot all gamma apart from the first are black, using the newly defined variable.

WE

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I didn't see that using Prime 3.1:

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Post the sheet, please, so we can see, if we experience the same effect with your sheet, too.

Ah!

I think I spotted it.

You are using Prime and the problem occurs because of Primes (auto) labeling "feature" - a major annoyance.

If you look closely you see, that the gamma in first and third expression is colored gray - this means its labeled as (built-in) constant.

The gamma in the second and fourth expression is colored black, so I guess its either labeled as variable or as "automatic" ( - ).

So you are working with two different gammas with different values.

Label manually accordingly to get the results you expected.

In Norms screenshot all gamma apart from the first are black, using the newly defined variable.

WE

Yes, it was a labeling problem. Thanks for helping, Werner Exinger. Kind regards, Henning Søgaard

Look at your labels.

Calculation 1 uses the "constant" label (note the green color).  Calculation 2 uses the "variable" (or "non") label.

You were right, it was a labeling problem. Thanks, Mark Gase. Best regards, Henning Søgaard

Top Tags