cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Resolve dependent variables

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Resolve dependent variables

Hi everybody
I have a system of equations with three variables that depend on each other and that are solved by iteration. What I am trying to do is to leave this system of equations in function to the variables ds, Ds and Dliq.
To better understand what I want, I have attached an example of what I want to do.
In advance thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:BPP)

Terrys example shows what you basically have to do to turn a solve block into a function of some arguments.

But the approach will fail in your example because the result of the solve block is a vector with elements of different dimensions (2x dimensionless and 1x speed). This is something Mathcad cannot deal with.

So you would have to correct for this additionally - either make v.s dimensionless or make the other two with dimension speed.

See the attached of some ways how to accomplish that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

You can define a function to equal the "Find" statement.  This is called parameterizing the solve block.

Here is an example.  You can do the same in your instance.

Cheers

Terry

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Terrys example shows what you basically have to do to turn a solve block into a function of some arguments.

But the approach will fail in your example because the result of the solve block is a vector with elements of different dimensions (2x dimensionless and 1x speed). This is something Mathcad cannot deal with.

So you would have to correct for this additionally - either make v.s dimensionless or make the other two with dimension speed.

See the attached of some ways how to accomplish that.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much to both

Top Tags