cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Runtime Error

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Runtime Error

When I try to print from MathCad (14), I get "Unknown runtime error". Then "Mathcad.exe application error. The instruction ....referenced at ...The memory cannot be read." And then the program exits. It only happens when I print to a particular (naturally most convenient) printer. Printing elsewhere or to Adobe pdf works fine. Worksheets are very simple and I have tried several, so it seems specific to the printer not the worksheets. Any suggestions? I did have trouble with MathCad crashing on print preview some time ago, but re-installing and downloading updates solved that problem.

6 REPLIES 6

Early releases of Mathcad 14 had serious issues with print preview. Patch 020 seemed to fix most of those. If you don't have that patch it might be worthwhile finding and downloading it.

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:f.kohlhepp)

Print preview works fine (although I did have problems earlier and downloaded the patch), but it is the printing itself (and only to one printer?) that is the problem now.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JohnRudnicki)

So I take it this happens with more than one worksheet?

Have you tried re-installing / re-mapping the printer?

Mike

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-149416-2532/bar_anim.gif

Yes, it happens with more than one worksheet.

Although I do not have trouble printing from other programs, you suggest re-installing the printer? Or is there something I need to do within MC?

thanks. jwr

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JohnRudnicki)

I would say it might be something to do with Mathcad and the printer. If you have the installation disk for the printer it won't take much effort to re-install so it might be worthwhile.

You say it only happens with this printer. Is the printer that works the same make/model as the one that doesn't?

Mike

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-149416-2532/bar_anim.gif

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I would say it might be something to do with Mathcad and the printer. If you have the installation disk for the printer it won't take much effort to re-install so it might be worthwhil

You say it only happens with this printer. Is the printer that works the same make/model as the one that d

Thanks, Mike

Printerr is same make, different model. IT guy also thought it was likely the printer. I will try to get him to re-install it (though he sometimes responds slowly).

John

Top Tags