cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Scale in 2d plot

ebelmonte
8-Gravel

Scale in 2d plot

Hello all,

I have two questions regarding the use of the 2d interpolation function:

1. As you can see in the attached file, I cannot display the x-axis in the right way.
  2. How can I use the fit function for the get the results from an input array?

Thank.you very much!

Enrico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A standard 3D plot of a 2D array uses array indices for X and Y  axis.  To plot the FIT function, use "CreateMesh"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ebelmonte)

Hi Enrico Belmonte,

You have simply to remake the 3d plot, as I have done:

Belmonte.jpg

Saluti

FM

Hello FM,

Thank-you for your reply.

However on the x-axis I get vales between 0 and 10 and not between 1E4 and 2E4.

What about the second question?

Thank-you very much!

Enrico

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ebelmonte)

It seems to me that it's okay!?!?

Belmonte.jpg

Furhermore, you can use the following program for a more accurate plot, but with the condition that the input matrix be a square one:

Belmonte 1.jpg

Example of "fitfield" use, plotting the function f(x,y)=sin(x)*sin(y)/(xy)

Belmonte 2.jpg

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

> It seems to me that it's okay!?!?

No, the scale in x- and y-direction is not as requested.

A standard 3D plot of a 2D array uses array indices for X and Y  axis.  To plot the FIT function, use "CreateMesh"

1. As you can see in the attached file, I cannot display the x-axis in the right way.

Guess its easier than you think:

Using the first method (directly plotting the fit function) you would have to provide the ranges for x and y and also the number of grid in the "3D-Plot Format" window in the "Quickplot" tab.

So generally using Createmesh provides more flexibility and usually is the preferred method.

1. How can I use the fit function for the get the results from an input array?

Input array? not sure what you want to achieve.

Dear Mr. Exinger,

Thank-you for your reply.

I would like to calculate the fitting function using two input arrays instead of computing the values of the fitting function for a couple of values only.

Thank-you very much!

Enrico

Guess you need to use vectorization:

Top Tags