cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sever Error

ptc-1259218
4-Participant

Sever Error

In the attached mathcad 15 worksheet the following error message is seen when double clicking the header area.  This area is an excel spreadsheet. The header is not accepting input from the form in the shaded box to the right.  I have used this header for years and now all of a sudden it has stopped working.  Can anyone please help me get this back and running again.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually I did nothing to your file. I opened it, double clicked the header (the Excel component). Excel would open and I edited the cell which looks shaded (it seems not to be the  "shaded box" you were talking about). I closed Excel and the change shows up, as it should be.

Then I changed a value of the global assignments in the yellow highlighted Mathcad text region and the change was immediately shown in the header. So all seemed to work OK and I did not expect that just saving the worksheet would solve any problem for you.

So I never used an external Excel file explicitly.

I deleted the test*test text now and attach that file. I also saved the Excel sheet and attach it here, but it should not be necessary that you do anything with it as its already embedded in the Mathcad worksheet anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@ptc-1259218 wrote:

In the attached mathcad 15 worksheet the following error message is seen when double clicking the header area. 

Which error message do you get and from which application does it stem from - Mathcad, Excel, Windows?

The problem seems not to be the worksheet itself.

I did not experience any problems by double clicking the Header and editing that shaded box:

Werner_E_0-1721504941788.png

Or does "shaded box" mean the text region with the global assignments which is highlighted in yellow? Anyway, I also had no troubles changing the definitions there, too.

I have no idea if it would be of any help but I saved the edited worksheet and attached it here, for whatever this may be worth.

Was there a recent update to your installed version of Excel which might cause that problem?

Have you tried to insert and edit an Excel component in a clean new Mathcad worksheet?

Wow you got it to work.  How?  Did you do something to the excel file? 

I downloaded your MathCad file and it work perfectly.  But I could not open the excel file to edit out the Text*Text+Text.  I have found that any excel objects or excel components must be saved with a name for MathCad to find it again to edit it if needed.  Would you be so kind and send the excel file you edited so I can associate it with my MathCad 15 files.  Also, I want to edit out Text*Text+Text.

Thank you,

John

Actually I did nothing to your file. I opened it, double clicked the header (the Excel component). Excel would open and I edited the cell which looks shaded (it seems not to be the  "shaded box" you were talking about). I closed Excel and the change shows up, as it should be.

Then I changed a value of the global assignments in the yellow highlighted Mathcad text region and the change was immediately shown in the header. So all seemed to work OK and I did not expect that just saving the worksheet would solve any problem for you.

So I never used an external Excel file explicitly.

I deleted the test*test text now and attach that file. I also saved the Excel sheet and attach it here, but it should not be necessary that you do anything with it as its already embedded in the Mathcad worksheet anyway.

ptc-1259218
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you again. I do appreciate your consulting on this.

Regards,
John

Announcements

Top Tags