cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Sketches in MathCAD

ELSID
4-Participant

Sketches in MathCAD

I know it's a long standing issue in MathCAD, but has Prime implemented "drafting" tools? I cannot find them. I need to show a picture of what the calculation is showing. I was sent an excel sheet to use because it has "drafting" tools. I dislike going back to excel when MathCAD is easier to read. Is there an easy way to sketch what the calculation is doin in either Prime 3 or MathCAD15? I remember haveing a 2d tool through bently that would dynamically change with a Calcultaion ... PLEASE, bring that functionality back!

http://communities.ptc.com/message/221352#221352

I don't care if it's Creo (lite), SmartSketch, or a plugin ... this is incredibly important for engineering documentation and should be a part of MathCAD

9 REPLIES 9
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ELSID)

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir,

I'd love to add this, but I cannot. If any of you regulars don't mind putting it in, I'd appreciate it. I'm registered here under my personal account from many years ago. The current versions that I am using fall under corporate, so I do not have a maintenance agreement. Another wonderfull way PTC screws up suggestions from users, by requireing a maintenance agreement/account to input suggestions!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ELSID)

It was always my understanding that any user/member of this community would be able to create an idea as all are able to open a discussion or reply to such. Is this not true? When you follow Vladimir's link you find a the right an area "Actions" and below "Create an idea". You can't click there and formulate (and voto for) your idea? I always thought that should be open for all members, being under maintanance or not. Rumour has it, though, that those ideas will be happily ignored. At least you will find much more and also more substantial "ideas" in the various discussion threads than in the idea area - looks like most people don't have any confidence in PTC to act appropriatly on those ideas and consider it a waste of time.

So what happens when you follow Vladimir's link and click "Create an idea"?

I am aware that without being under maintanance you won't be able to turn in a case, which effectively means that you would have to pay for the privilege to be allowed to report a bug, too.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

It was always my understanding that any user/member of this community would be able to create an idea as all are able to open a discussion or reply to such. Is this not true? When you follow Vladimir's link you find a the right an area "Actions" and below "Create an idea". You can't click there and formulate (and voto for) your idea?

No. You have to pay PTC to give them ideas.

Wouldn't have thought that. Thats a complete disgrace and cheek but it perfectly fits the picture. PTC - shame on you.

Werner, it gets better.

PTC-employed posters often include links to resolve problems that are to documents available only to maintenance-payers. It's their prerogative, but it's mean not to include a members-only note along with the link, rather than the pie-in-the-face to those who aren't.

Werner, it gets better.

PTC-employed posters often include links to resolve problems that are to documents available only to maintenance-payers.

Really, PTC staff generally is not particularly active in the forums. I am not aware of, but I may not see the problem as the links would work for me. Maybe those employees are in the same situation as I am, not being aware of that certain links won't work for users without maintanance.

MarkBuckton
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

I have just paid my maintenance for another year, only because of curiosity regarding Mathcad Prime 4. Usually I adopt the the three strikes and your out approach. PTC have had already had three strikes against them. MC Prime 1 - Failure, MC Prime 2 - failure and MC Prime 3 - failure. One dose not have to be a market researcher to work out that PTC is in trouble. No software company can survive if it is continually selling its user base a "pup". When are we going to see Mathcad - the fully grown "hound". Mathcad should be a serious product for $2,600 AUD it should not be a toy and maintenance is not cheap at $460 AUD annually. PTC treat their user base as ise are e morons or hobbyists but I can honestly say this is the last sting in the tail from PTC scorpion for me. If MC Prime 4 going to be all aboutCreo then they have lost me. I don't use Creo and never will. I am now seriously considering Matlab or TKsolver. For example a home version of Matlab cost $165 AUD. and from what I can see is much more powerful than Mathcad. A full version of of TKsolver goes for approximately the cost of Mathcad maintenance. Even Python (which is free) can do most of what you can do in Mathcad with freeware plugins and code. With python at least the programmer has an opportunity to sell their creation or port it to an iPhone or IPad. Such versions of MC seems not to have even been considered by PTC. Mathcad, in my view, is a dead end unless in its Prime form can once again pay its workers realistic wages to produce a profession fully functional version of Mathcad. PTC must not only innovate but be proven to surpase their competitors.The arrogance of PTC is staggering. The only other company that surpasses them in terms of arrogance is AutoDesk. Don't forget PTC that you have competitors who are breathing down your neck, so I suggest you employ more programmers and much less marketers. MC Prime 4 better surpass MC 15 or I won't be the only one leaving PTC dysfunctional family.

Listen to your users and beta testers. MC Prime 4 is make or break time.

Kind Regards, Mark

You haven't mentioned SMath. Have you looked at that program?

Top Tags