cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Solve Block Error

Ravi_05
3-Visitor

Solve Block Error

Hi,
I am new to this Mathcad prime earlier I use Mathcad 15, I am trying to solve this equation in the Mathcad prime, but I am not getting the value, I also searched on the net but didn't find any proper solution.
Please help me to solve this issue.
To find the vale of the (an)

The file is attached

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Ravi_05)

While the root-function as suggested by Fred is more compact and may be preferable in this case, I just wanted to point out the two errors you made:

1) Your guess value is missing a length unit

2) You had a typo in "find(an)" - there was an superfluous dot after the "n". Probably because you were used from MC15 to get the literal subscript by typing just a dot instead oft he more elaborate "Ctrl -".

Werner_E_0-1659195270674.png

P.S.: You sure know that "Given" is not recognized any more by Prime as being the start of a block and so this part is obsolete:

Werner_E_0-1659195596426.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I only have Prime Express, so I can't check the operation of your solve block.  I can use the "root" function to solve your problem:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1659186354007.png

And I think if we assign units and use "Find" instead of "find", the solve block should work too.  Attached

Thankyou sir 🙂

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Ravi_05)

While the root-function as suggested by Fred is more compact and may be preferable in this case, I just wanted to point out the two errors you made:

1) Your guess value is missing a length unit

2) You had a typo in "find(an)" - there was an superfluous dot after the "n". Probably because you were used from MC15 to get the literal subscript by typing just a dot instead oft he more elaborate "Ctrl -".

Werner_E_0-1659195270674.png

P.S.: You sure know that "Given" is not recognized any more by Prime as being the start of a block and so this part is obsolete:

Werner_E_0-1659195596426.png

Thanks for let me know about the errors I have done.🙂

Announcements

Top Tags