cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Solve Block Error

Ravi_05
3-Visitor

Solve Block Error

Hi,
I am new to this Mathcad prime earlier I use Mathcad 15, I am trying to solve this equation in the Mathcad prime, but I am not getting the value, I also searched on the net but didn't find any proper solution.
Please help me to solve this issue.
To find the vale of the (an)

The file is attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While the root-function as suggested by Fred is more compact and may be preferable in this case, I just wanted to point out the two errors you made:

1) Your guess value is missing a length unit

2) You had a typo in "find(an)" - there was an superfluous dot after the "n". Probably because you were used from MC15 to get the literal subscript by typing just a dot instead oft he more elaborate "Ctrl -".

Werner_E_0-1659195270674.png

P.S.: You sure know that "Given" is not recognized any more by Prime as being the start of a block and so this part is obsolete:

Werner_E_0-1659195596426.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I only have Prime Express, so I can't check the operation of your solve block.  I can use the "root" function to solve your problem:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1659186354007.png

And I think if we assign units and use "Find" instead of "find", the solve block should work too.  Attached

Thankyou sir 🙂

While the root-function as suggested by Fred is more compact and may be preferable in this case, I just wanted to point out the two errors you made:

1) Your guess value is missing a length unit

2) You had a typo in "find(an)" - there was an superfluous dot after the "n". Probably because you were used from MC15 to get the literal subscript by typing just a dot instead oft he more elaborate "Ctrl -".

Werner_E_0-1659195270674.png

P.S.: You sure know that "Given" is not recognized any more by Prime as being the start of a block and so this part is obsolete:

Werner_E_0-1659195596426.png

Thanks for let me know about the errors I have done.🙂

Top Tags