cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Solve...

kenan2
12-Amethyst

Solve...

Hi

Somebody there can tell me how I can get the angle into a number not in a matrix ? 

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:kenan2)

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:kenan2)

The angles that satisfy the equation are three! So what do you want?

angles.jpg

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:-MFra-)

@-MFra- wrote:

The angles that satisfy the equation are three! So what do you want?

No! Not just three!  Infinite!

I added the reply above to draw attention to the fact that there is a double post and the question is already answered - just follow the link above!

As I already had written that there is an infinite number of angles satisfying the equation. Prime is just showing the three in a predefined range (-pi/2; pi/2]. We could change that range using the assume command.

I also already suggested assigning the result to a variable and accessing the individual elements along with some other ways to get single numeric values.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks Werner for the clarification. However, perhaps "kenan2" did not know how to highlight the individual elements of the vector, in this case the individual angles .... so I have calculated three roots as an example ....

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:-MFra-)

@-MFra- wrote:

Thanks Werner for the clarification. However, perhaps "kenan2" did not know how to highlight the individual elements of the vector,

Thats most likely, I guess. As seen in the other thread he seems to be struggling with math generally and with the solution of goniometric equations in particular.
Announcements

Top Tags