cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Solving a bizzare equation

avci
4-Participant

Solving a bizzare equation

Can anyone help me solve this equation? I tried everything but couldn't manage it. mathcad.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:avci)

Why not use a numeric solve block?

But your function is rather beasty, being very steep and so guess value and value for CTOL are important.

Furthermore you'll notice that with th standard CTOL of  10^-3 the result is not excat (CM(R.0) != 0)

Also the used algorithm counts - only Levenberg-Marquardt will find a ssolution, Conjugate Gradient and Quasi-Newton won't.

Bild.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Please attach your Mathcad worksheet (in archive file format) to the message.

avci
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Here it is.

Thanks in advance.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Why not use a numeric solve block?

But your function is rather beasty, being very steep and so guess value and value for CTOL are important.

Furthermore you'll notice that with th standard CTOL of  10^-3 the result is not excat (CM(R.0) != 0)

Also the used algorithm counts - only Levenberg-Marquardt will find a ssolution, Conjugate Gradient and Quasi-Newton won't.

Bild.png

avci
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

I also tried numerical solve block but it didnt work as well. The main problem with my code, I believe, was the initial guess as you suggested. I have never thought it would be that sensitive. I noticed the solution is not exact but exact enough since safety factor of 4.2 is already set. 

Thanks for your help.  

Top Tags