cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Solving with delta

Rojvansu
1-Newbie

Solving with delta

miceru.png

I'm doing Microeconomics. Sometimes i need to solve with delta, but when im trying to solve with delta on PTC, it doesn't work.Im sure, im setting the calculation up right, but i just don't know how to use the deltas right. My classmate that uses a program called wolframe alpha, and it works when she's setting it up the same way on that program. I'll stay updated here, so if you got any further questions, ill do my best to answer you guys

It's about profit maximizing and setting marginal revenue equal to marginal cost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"Solve with delta" ??? What do you mean by that? Are you trying to use derivatives?? How did you define your function delta() you are using in the nominator on the LHS? delta100y and deltay seem to be variables. It looks like you defined your function delta with two arguments (or you didn't define delta and its still the predefined Kronecker Delta with two argumets) but now are using it with just a single argument (1000-2y) - therefore the errror.

You should attach the sheet rather than just a pic and explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve.

Obviously you are trying to use derivatives. The following was made with Mathcad 15

24.05.png

but you can't make derivates look like partial derivatives in Prime.

Just use the normal derivative operator (ctrl-shift-D) and don't type delta!

24.05P.png

In fact I don't understand why you would like to look the derivatives like partial derivatives as the functions involved are functions with a single argument only.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

"Solve with delta" ??? What do you mean by that? Are you trying to use derivatives?? How did you define your function delta() you are using in the nominator on the LHS? delta100y and deltay seem to be variables. It looks like you defined your function delta with two arguments (or you didn't define delta and its still the predefined Kronecker Delta with two argumets) but now are using it with just a single argument (1000-2y) - therefore the errror.

You should attach the sheet rather than just a pic and explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve.

Obviously you are trying to use derivatives. The following was made with Mathcad 15

24.05.png

but you can't make derivates look like partial derivatives in Prime.

Just use the normal derivative operator (ctrl-shift-D) and don't type delta!

24.05P.png

In fact I don't understand why you would like to look the derivatives like partial derivatives as the functions involved are functions with a single argument only.

Thanks, that helped me alot!!

Top Tags