cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Summation for empirical dispersion

ptc-5820280
1-Newbie

Summation for empirical dispersion

Hi. How do I write and describe this summation:

das.jpg

in Mathad Prime 3.0?

P.S. Dont mind the second X in brackets, I can't find a way to describe Xi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here you are. As already written you have to use the vector index you get either from the ribbon menu or by typing [

In case you don't know - Mathcad has a lot of built-in statistical functions, standard deviation (you are calculating the square of it) is one of them, so you may use it. See attached sheet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

X should be a data vector consisting of n elements. You have to use the matrix/vector index for Xi (writing X[i), not the literal index you get with Ctrl&-.

You might also consider to sum from 0 to n-1 rather than from 1 to n or change the system variable ORIGIN to 1.

If this doesn't help come back and privide a Mathcad sheet to work on.

I'm really not sure how does data vector work. I've attached what I've came up so far. Could you solve this for me?

Here you are. As already written you have to use the vector index you get either from the ribbon menu or by typing [

In case you don't know - Mathcad has a lot of built-in statistical functions, standard deviation (you are calculating the square of it) is one of them, so you may use it. See attached sheet.

Top Tags