cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

The Math Behind “Super Bowl Squares”

AnnaGiangregori
6-Contributor

The Math Behind “Super Bowl Squares”

In the spirit of the Super Bowl, I wrote a blog post discussing the math behind a new Super Bowl game I participated in, "Super Bowl Squares". In this post I share with you the rules of the game and how people have take the time to find their odds of winning when playing this game. Plus, I challenge you to find ways to use Mathcad to figure out the odds surrounding future important sports events like the Super Bowl. Here is an excerpt:

"This year I am adding a new element to my Super Bowl festivities by playing the game known as “Super Bowl Squares”. Persephone Magazine defines the rules saying, “Everyone buys squares on a 10×10 grid, after which numbers from 0-9 are randomly assigned to each row and column and the two teams are assigned to either axis. At the end of each quarter, the person whose name matches the box assigned to the last digit of the current score wins a set amount. (If the final score is, say, 17-14 with the Giants winning, the pool winner would be the box that falls at Giants 7 Patriots 4.)” You can see the exact grid I filled out below… look for the initials AG."

You can read the full blog post here.

Enjoy!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags