cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

The result is being rounding up or down

ptc-5206091
1-Newbie

The result is being rounding up or down

Hi -

I have a problem with some of my results made in Mathcad Prime 2.0. The result always is either round up or down and aren't showing the true value - can you help? Look at the attached file please.

Sincerely yours

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem is not that your results only are rounded to the next integer but that every number is rounded when it is used - no decimals are taken in account by any calculation. So you get acos(0.707)=acos(1)=90 deg. There is no option or setting which would create that weird effect so I suspect a corrupt installation of the program and suggest you reinstall Prime (save your license file before you do so).

I remember that we had a similar question here a long time ago (wasn't able to find it at the moment) and as far as I remember the problem was cured by a reinstallation of Mathcad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5206091)

Hard to tell why from a picture. Have you checked your document settings?

Please upload the worksheet.

As Mike says difficult to tell what the error is but there are 2 major issues with the picture you attached

Here's my rewriting of your sheet:

Capture.PNG

I don't know of any settings that could change the results like this , it could be a new entry for the mathcad madhouse! If so, will it need a new designator?
It will be interesting to find out the reason why.

regards

Andy

The problem is not that your results only are rounded to the next integer but that every number is rounded when it is used - no decimals are taken in account by any calculation. So you get acos(0.707)=acos(1)=90 deg. There is no option or setting which would create that weird effect so I suspect a corrupt installation of the program and suggest you reinstall Prime (save your license file before you do so).

I remember that we had a similar question here a long time ago (wasn't able to find it at the moment) and as far as I remember the problem was cured by a reinstallation of Mathcad.

I made a reinstallation and now Mathcad Prime 2.0 works again. But I'm keeping an eye open for a similar situation.

Thank for the replies and suggestion

Top Tags