cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Transfer Functions In RLC Higher Order Circuits (Example Problems).

KarlBogha
12-Amethyst

Transfer Functions In RLC Higher Order Circuits (Example Problems).

I selected AK Jairath textbook because it goes back to 1992, 30 years ago, and its closer to that classic style of problem solving textbook. 2nd edition in 1994, and reprinted in 1996.

Solutions & Problems in Control System. May not be in circulation now. Its a small
book. Concise, similar to Schaums (Supplementary), its not a main textbook.

Chapter 1 is Transfer Functions. All the problems in chapter 1 are made up of R L C
components. So this was in line with my/our starting plan to stay within the electric
circuits corridor. First keep things simple. So if you asked why, that's the reason I
selected this chapter. We did some theory-examples in transfer function at end of
Part B, so its best to do them first since these are fresh in minds. This is part of Part 3C (Electric Circuits I) which here can be independent (on its own).

Got an opportunity to work with RLC components in the transfer function and
secondly control systems context, why waste it. So I did these few example problems. A total of thirteen example problems.

N/A.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fine work!

There is very interacting Russian book "Control theory" 

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/TTHB/2/Rotach.html 

with solution in Mathcad Calculation Server, Mathcad 15, Mathcad Express and SMath worksheets.

I have a dreade to translate it into English.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Fine work!

There is very interacting Russian book "Control theory" 

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/TTHB/2/Rotach.html 

with solution in Mathcad Calculation Server, Mathcad 15, Mathcad Express and SMath worksheets.

I have a dreade to translate it into English.

My college days Controls text book was by Dorf. It may been the 1st edition or 2nd.

It was about 300 pages plus at most. Certainly was not 400 pages plus.

Today that textbook is into the 12th maybe further along in edition and its 1000 pages.

1000 pages and its got several additional chapters.

Its not possible to cover this textbook in 2 semesters.

Maybe its used for Controls 1. Here the fundamentals.

Then for Controls 2 pick a few chapters.

I don't see how it could be covered page after page on the theory side, forget the problem pages, in 2 semesters. Students have other courses in college too. Now to add further this book could be used in graduate studies for Controls 3 or Advanced Controls. Its for electrical engineering students.

I don't have my college days controls textbook. I got a concise textbook on Controls by AK Jairath.

I got the Dorf 12th paper back edition because it was by Dorf. Got it 7 years ago. I don't plan on using it for chapter by chapter study maybe some example problems here there at most, maybe one chapter at most should I need it. Its unreal for me but real for some students in electrical engineering. They use it in some universities today with a 1000 pages. Good Luck!

N/A.
Top Tags