cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Transfer of Mathcad License

poliveira
1-Newbie

Hello guys,

Im Petterson F. de Oliveira from Brazil, IT Analyst working at Akaer Engenharia.

I need some help about this case, im working at a company that bought assets of other company including softwares.

I did some transfers of other softwares and that company signed donation letter to us and we transfered and now we are using normaly.

Now its time of license of Mathcad, we have 10 floating licenses and 4 local licenses to transfer and we are need it to start some projects works.

I sent e-mail to - but i havent any answer, I called to Sales Office at Sao Paulo and I havent answer, nobody answer the call ! I sent chat message to PTC Facebook

and they indicated this community to ask help.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vladimir,

Petterson Oliveira does not want to move licenses from one machine to another. He needs to transfer licenses from one company to another. This cannot be achieved via Web tools. PTC VAR must help him.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:poliveira)

Bom dia Petterson,

This forum is for users of Mathcad and Prime. Most visitors here are not affiliated to PTC other than they use PTC software. We can't help you move a license.

Occasionally a PTC employee will react to a message posted here. I hope you get a reaction soon.

Otherwise a call to PTC headquarters (in the US) might help.

Boa sorte,

Luc

To transfer a license file use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC's site, here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp.When creating a request for a new license, you must specify the new MAC-address (from a new PC): MAC adress Reader - unique computer identification

Vladimir,

Petterson Oliveira does not want to move licenses from one machine to another. He needs to transfer licenses from one company to another. This cannot be achieved via Web tools. PTC VAR must help him.

MH

Martin Hanák

Then it is called not a transfer, but a resale.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MartinHanak)

That seems to be what is wanted, but I don't see why it is necessary. They purchased another company, including all of it's assets. They do not need to change the ownership name to continue to use the licenses.

Richard,

I need to do this transfer to be compliance with norms and law.

The company owner of this licenses no exist anymore and i havent the license file.

Hi,

when PTC sells software to specific customer, then the software is assigned to this customer, only. When the customer's company is bought by another company then PTC must be informed and PTC LICENSE AGREEMENT must be filled and signed by PTC and new software owner.

MH

Martin Hanák
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MartinHanak)

Unless they have dissolved the purchased company, that company exists, and they are entitled to use the licenses they have. I haven't read the license agreement, and can't be bothered to do so, but I would be very surprised if a change in ownership invalidates the license. Publicly traded companies change ownership almost every second that the relevant stock market is open, so managing that would be impossible. I'm not a lawyer, but I would be surprised if such a restriction would even be legal.

Martin,

This is the point ! You understood my problem.

cke
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:poliveira)

Hello, Petterson,

May I have the customer numbers of Akaer Engenharia and the other companies that this transfer would be involving?

You would be able to find those from the header of the license files of MathCad, as Customer Number.

We would need that information to create a case and to follow through.

You might want to obtain those inforamtion and send them directly to - to get a quicker response.

PTC's software reseller (VAR): Find a Software Reseller - PTC

Top Tags