cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Trying to solve for a variable using iteration and a solve block without previously defining a var.

SS_9985257
4-Participant

Trying to solve for a variable using iteration and a solve block without previously defining a var.

 I am trying to solve this equation using iteration and a solve block for Q without previously defining Q as for my application I would not have the value for Q. Am I on the right track here and if not could somebody point out my mistakes? All of my other variables are previously defined and the only thing I don't have defined is Q. I want to be able to spit out a value for Q given all the other variables definitions. Thanks in advance! Below is an attachment of the solve block, I can provide SS for the other variables as needed.

Capture.PNG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We don't need no stinking solve block!

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1625697270905.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SS_9985257
4-Participant
(To:SS_9985257)

For refrence, this is my other attempt that I know is in the wrong direction but if it helps anyone:

Capture1.PNG

SS_9985257
4-Participant

Third attempt is getting closer to what I want  but unsure if it is exactly what I want...sorry for the spam but this problem is urgent for me.

Capture3.PNG

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

You should attach your worksheet, not just pictures.

And also state which version of Prime you are using.

In your first attempt using a numerical solve block you might have forgotten that you need to define a first guess value for Q.

In the second attempt using the symbolic solve it might be a problem with Primes infamous auto-label feature. Can tell by just seeing the picture, though.

EDIT: Haven't seen Fred's response at first. If Q is not real valued, the solve block does not find an answer if the guess value is real. So you would have to use a guess like Q:=1i

We don't need no stinking solve block!

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1625697270905.png

Announcements

Top Tags