cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Uninstall Mathcad Prime 3.1 / Downgrade to 3.0

MWunder
17-Peridot

Uninstall Mathcad Prime 3.1 / Downgrade to 3.0

Hi

I have succesfully upgraded to Prime 3.1 from 3.0.

Does anyone know how to install Prime 3.0 to run with 3.1 simultanuesly?

Or how to downgrade 3.1 to 3.0?

Or how to uninstall 3.1 to then install 3.0?

Thanks in advance

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MWunder)

Hi Michael,

If you want to use both versions of the program (3.0 and 3.1) on the same computer, then you must do the following:

1. Before installing version 3.1 copy the entire folder with the "Mathcad Prime 3.0" program and paste it, for example, on your desktop.

2. Install version 3.1. In this case, the converter of old worksheets will only work for the version 3.1. But later you can copy math regions from 3.1 version and paste it in worksheets in version 3.0 and therefore receive documents for version 3.0.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Michael,

If you want to use both versions of the program (3.0 and 3.1) on the same computer, then you must do the following:

1. Before installing version 3.1 copy the entire folder with the "Mathcad Prime 3.0" program and paste it, for example, on your desktop.

2. Install version 3.1. In this case, the converter of old worksheets will only work for the version 3.1. But later you can copy math regions from 3.1 version and paste it in worksheets in version 3.0 and therefore receive documents for version 3.0.

MWunder
17-Peridot

Cool! A really good tipp. I missed that option in the documentation.

My Mathcad Prime 3.0 installation wasn't available anymore, and I was not able to install it in presence of Mathcad Prime 3.1.

Thatswhy I installed it on one of my virtual machines and then I moved that folder to my system.

And finally this worked!

Thanks a lot!

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You're welcome.

Top Tags