cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Unknown Error could_not_initialize_outofproc_symbolic_engine

LUKI1341
5-Regular Member

Unknown Error could_not_initialize_outofproc_symbolic_engine

I was in school and writing things off the board when suddenly this error occured.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LUKI1341)

This has recently come up. Check here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Unknown-Failure/m-p/160130

Success!
Luc

Please attach your Mathcad Prime worksheet (in archive ".zip" format) to the message.

LUKI1341
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Well here is my file. I tried to reboot my Computer and closed and reopened the file but this didn't work out either.

nas0k
7-Bedrock
(To:LUKI1341)

Interesting. When I opened the file (using P4) it showed the same errors. Deleting the symbolic arrow and re-applying the symbolic arrow corrected the error. I don't know why.

nas0k
7-Bedrock
(To:nas0k)

The attached file in P4

Take the following steps (your worksheet works fine in Mathcad Prime 3.1 with this tip):

1. Uncheck "Multithreading" option from "Calculation" tab --> "Calculation options".

2. Click on "Calculate" and recalculate your document.

Pic_1.png

LUKI1341
5-Regular Member

Well multithreading was not enabled at all

1. What version of Mathcad Prime do you use?

2. Please send your issue for a PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center": https://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenterOpt.htm

LUKI1341
5-Regular Member

I use Prime 3.1 64-Bit

What if you reinstall as a 32-bit version?

Nothing you did was wrong (apart from using Prime instead of real Mathvad - but I guess you had no choice).

It looks like you ran into a Prime bug which still is not fixed.

Is it cured, when you save the sheet, close Prime and then reopen the sheet?

The last time this error came up here, reopening the sheet "solved" the problem.

Top Tags