cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Using Lookup Function in Program

avarma
1-Newbie

Using Lookup Function in Program

Hello Guys,

I have a problem in my mathcad program.

I was trying to use lookup function in a loop, Attached is the file illustrating my problem.

I was able to use lookup function and get the desired output, but when I have used the same function in a program, I was not getting any errors but it was giving the output as [1,1].

I was still a learner of mathcad and not able figure it out. Could any one plaese help me to resolve this issue, May be my example I have attached here is smaller one, but my real problem contains huge matrix and I need to use lookup function (or if any other) in program to get the desired output.

Thanks a ton for your help!!

Ashok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:avarma)

The lookup function is set up to return a vector (in case there are more than one matches to the value you're looking for. The [1,1] is telling you that there is a one element array answer. Try putting "[0" immediately after the lookup function (asking for the first element of the vector.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

The lookup function is set up to return a vector (in case there are more than one matches to the value you're looking for. The [1,1] is telling you that there is a one element array answer. Try putting "[0" immediately after the lookup function (asking for the first element of the vector.)

It is working now.

Thanka a lot Fred!!!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Fred has already explained the reason for the behaviour you are experiencing and how to deal with it.

See the attached file for some more details.

Thanks a lot Werner for your help.

Top Tags