cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using Minimize in a program

ClaudioPedrazzi
11-Garnet

Using Minimize in a program

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to use the Minimize built-in function in a program. 

I am obviously making something wrong (see attached example).

I understand that (even if one does not need to write it explicitly) there is a "solve block" involved.

Is it possible to use a solve block in a program?

thanks a lot for any hints.

Best regards

Claudio

PS: I do not succeed to attach the file, it says "the content of the attachment doesn't match its file type"

it is a normal xmcd file 😞 !! please help!Minimize.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

(Not being able to) attach files is known problem in the current forum sofware.

To attach, first put your mathcad file in an archive, e.g. in windows explorer, with your mouse over the file and  pressing the right mouse button choose "send to"=> "Compressed (zipped) folder" from the pop-up menu.

You should be able to attach the resulting .ZIP file.

You cannot use a solve-block inside a program, but you can assign the result of a solve block to a function.

See here for some examples:https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Successive-solve-blocks/m-p/477785

Success1

Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

(Not being able to) attach files is known problem in the current forum sofware.

To attach, first put your mathcad file in an archive, e.g. in windows explorer, with your mouse over the file and  pressing the right mouse button choose "send to"=> "Compressed (zipped) folder" from the pop-up menu.

You should be able to attach the resulting .ZIP file.

You cannot use a solve-block inside a program, but you can assign the result of a solve block to a function.

See here for some examples:https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Successive-solve-blocks/m-p/477785

Success1

Luc

Thanks, Luc, for both. 

Regards

Claudi

You can create a function that calls Minimize, then use that function in a program.

See attached.

Yes... I was just testing that after the first answer, and of course it works ... thanks a lot Fred!

Regards

Claudio

Top Tags