cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Using a Mathcad Worksheet to Open, Calculate, and Save a Series of Mathcad Worksheets

MW_5360621
4-Participant

Using a Mathcad Worksheet to Open, Calculate, and Save a Series of Mathcad Worksheets

I have a series of about 40 Mathcad files that I must open, calculate, and save in sequence to obtain a final result.  Any change in file inputs for one worksheet in the series, results in having to run the series of files forward again to obtain the new final result.  Is it possible to create a master Mathcad worksheet that will automate the task of opening, calculating, and saving the worksheets in sequence, so I will not have to do this in a manual manner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MW_5360621 wrote:

I have a series of about 40 Mathcad files that I must open, calculate, and save in sequence to obtain a final result.  Any change in file inputs for one worksheet in the series, results in having to run the series of files forward again to obtain the new final result.  Is it possible to create a master Mathcad worksheet that will automate the task of opening, calculating, and saving the worksheets in sequence, so I will not have to do this in a manual manner?

Hi,

I guess you can automate update procedure using AutoIT or AutoHotKey application (if you have some programming knowledge).

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maybe including/referencing worksheets from within one master sheet could help:

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r8.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help/to_reference_worksheets.html

@MW_5360621 wrote:

Hi,

I guess you can automate update procedure using AutoIT or AutoHotKey application (if you have some programming knowledge).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags