cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

VBA and Excel Not Working in MathCad 15

ptc-1259218
3-Visitor

VBA and Excel Not Working in MathCad 15

In the attached MathCad worksheet is an embedded excel file that has VBA apps in it.  It takes data input and calculates to values C and C` or is suppose to.  The excel file "CANDCPRIME.XLS" on its own works fine but once it is inserted in to MathCad it is being blocked by Microsoft as "untrusted".  What do I have to do to make it run inside MathCad.  It use to just fine but I haven't used this MathCad worksheet for a few years because my work did not include a lot of steel design.  I am using a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 and have tried to modify all the security and "Trusted" stuff I could find to allow this to run.  And ass I mentioned above by itself runs perfectly. Put all the files attached in the same location.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In the time it takes to faff about with Windows and Microsoft 365(Excel) settings it is easier to simply replace the two macros with Mathcad functions for C and C' thus ellimination the need for the excel embedment altogether.  Just translation of the macros line by line.

Here are the two macros in the file provided and they have been checked as working as long as you don'[ enter 1 x 1 bolt groups.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

In the time it takes to faff about with Windows and Microsoft 365(Excel) settings it is easier to simply replace the two macros with Mathcad functions for C and C' thus ellimination the need for the excel embedment altogether.  Just translation of the macros line by line.

Here are the two macros in the file provided and they have been checked as working as long as you don'[ enter 1 x 1 bolt groups.

Capture.JPG

Hi

See enclosed file

Works great.  Thanks tons!

Top Tags