cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Van Roomen's problem

AlfredFlaßhaar
13-Aquamarine

Van Roomen's problem

The development of a famous polynomial p(x) of degree 45 has already been discussed here. Now I searched further and found Vieta's approach to the ingenious determination of the zeros. His approach, identical to p(x), is p(x) = 2*sin(45*arcsin(x/2)). Mathcad 14 fully develops this. But I fail to get the usual polynomial structure to be able to compare it with the classical default. What am I doing wrong in attached file? Kind regards at Christmas time, Alfred Flasshaar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe add a second ' erweitern, x'  to the symbolic....?

LucMeekes_0-1670770725535.png

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Maybe add a second ' erweitern, x'  to the symbolic....?

LucMeekes_0-1670770725535.png

Success!

Luc

Many thanks also to Werner. In the meantime I also had a small success according to the attachment.

Greetings, Alfred

You may use the symbolics "coeffs" to see the coefficients

Werner_E_1-1670771016088.png

Or you may use something like this to see the polynomial

Werner_E_2-1670771318033.png

For some days I experience severe problems when trying to embed pictures here in he forum via copy and paste, but you should see what I am talking about in the attached sheet anyway.

@Jaime_Lee  is it just me or is anything going on concerning the forum software?

You could also use the "series" command to get the desired result:

Werner_E_0-1670772499908.png

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

Testing!

Jaime_Lee_0-1670859463481.png

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Jaime_Lee_1-1670859575716.png

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Ok, Werner,  copying this photo directly from photo editor into forum was a no go, but copying from this image directly from a  powerpoint to the forum reply window worked.  I am adding @AndrewK to help us determine what to appropriate behavior is supposed to be and if we have a bug

Thank you for bringing to our attention. 

I'll send you a PM with further details to keep the discussion off this thread. Just was curious if others experience similar problems.

Test.

VladimirN_0-1670873127020.png

""Ctrl + c" --> "Ctrl + v" --> "F5".

@VladimirN wrote:

""Ctrl + c" --> "Ctrl + v" --> "F5".

Yes, the problem is that this forum software performs and reacts at glacier speed the last few days and this even when accessing with different machines in different networks and different internet provider with a fast connection. So I guess the problem is not on my end.

Its not just the pictures, the whole site is incredible slow but that is most noticeable when dealing with images.

The pictures will eventually show up after a while but it may take some minutes and thats quite annoying. Also reloading of a page (via F5) takes much longer than it used to.

From a remark by Luc here

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Solve-block-finds-no-solution/td-p/843419/jump-to/first-unread-message

it looks like he is experiencing similar problems.

EDIT: @Jaime_Lee @AndrewK 
Looks like Khoros had some performance issues the last few weeks. Possibly still not resolved

https://isdown.app/integrations/khoros/incidents/154875-flow-designer-ui-performance-degradation-with-flow-dashboard

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E @LucMeekes There was a Khoros update recently and it's my understanding that there may be issues across multiple Khoros communities due to that. I am opening a support case with them, but I believe it is something already being addressed.

Well done, Maple 😉!

Top Tags