cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Warning PTC Mathcad is using Origin

JM_10241707
6-Contributor

Warning PTC Mathcad is using Origin

How do i get rid of this warning message from prime 

JM_10241707_0-1660668542020.png

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JM_10241707)

What version or MathCAD P{rime are you using?

JM_10241707
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I am using Prime 8

Hi,

Each worksheet has two worksheet variables, "CWD" and "ORIGIN"

"CWD" is current working directory

ÖRIGIN is the first matrix counter usually set to 0 or 1. 0 is the default.

Capture.JPG

In a file you can vary ORIGIN and CWD.

This means it is possible to include a file with one value of ORIGIN  in a file that has a different ORIGIN set.

Including a file with ORIGIN or CWD different to the file it is included in gets a warning message like your posting.

To remove the warning make sure ORIGIN and CWD are set to the same thing in each file.  You may need to adjust the files if you change ORIGIN.

Cheers

Terry

Also MathCad Prime 8.0...I get the same errors.  All referenced files are in the same working directory and all referenced files have origin = 1.

I have an entire tree of successive spreadsheets with each successive spreadsheet referencing the spreadsheet just previous to it.

1_0MathCad (first file)

2_0MathCad (references 1_0...)

3_0MathCad (references 2_0...)

Every time I open any file (even 2_0) I get the error that ORIGIN and CWD are different.  They aren't.  If I actively open each previous file, once I have opened all of the previous files in the tree, then the error goes away on all sheets I have opened.

The error will fix itself depending on how "deep" I am into the tree.  If I open "3_0..." the error might resolve after 15-20 minutes.  If I open "15_0..." though, it takes 2-3 hours.

I guess my real question is, does it affect anything at all?  If I know all of my CWD and ORIGIN settings are the same, can I just continue modifying my spreadsheet, or entering new variable values and all is well, or do I need to wait until the "error" is resolved?

Thanks.

Top Tags