cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windows Server 2008 R2 Install Problem

StevenBeher
1-Newbie

Windows Server 2008 R2 Install Problem

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has some tips or solutions to installing and running Mathcad 15 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I realize that Window Server 2008 R2 is not a supported operating system for Mathcad 15. When I install from the same source onto my Windows 7 x64 machine, Mathcad runs without issue.

I receive the following error when running mathcad.exe:

Faulting application name: mathcad.exe, version: 14.1.0.436, time stamp: 0x4c097245
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000b727
Faulting process id: 0x187c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb1fb7845b74ba
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mathcad.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c35094ca-8baa-11df-82c0-0026b93ddd60

I have tried turning off DEP (Data Execution Protection) for mathcad.exe

I have tried running in all different compatibility modes including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, etc as well as running as an administrator.

I've done a repair of the installation as well as a reinstall from scratch.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them!

Thanks,

-Steve

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Steve,

I have the same problem witn WIN 7 (32bit) on my new HP8540p Laptop.

MC 15 (German witn M005) crashes when I start it and the eventlog shows that Kernelbase.dll is to blame.

Have you an idea what to do?

Thanks

Walter

I found a solution:

You need the XML Core Pack from Microsoft (Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML)

and the .Net Pack (latest version) for running MathCad successfully.

Walter

Walter,

Thanks for posting the solution. I have not had the time to look into the Mathcad problems much. I'll try installing the XML Core Pack and the latest .NET Pack on Windows Server 2008R2 and see if that makes a difference.

-Steve

Top Tags