cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

circle in XY plot

PP_10811200
4-Participant

circle in XY plot

Hi everyone.

So I'm new to Mathcad and I wanted to create circle from form (x-1)^2+(y-3)^2=10, but everything that I can find about plots is way too advanced for me. 

Any simple way to do circle from form like this above?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:PP_10811200)

Prime does not support plotting implicit given functions like other software may do, so you can't use the given equation directly. You can solve it for y and plot the upper and lower semicircle in two different traces. There will be gaps between the two which could be minimized by choosing a rather dense range variable for x.

A better way is to use the standard parameter representation of the circle where the whole circle can be plotted in one go.

The attached sheet (format Prime 9) should help.

For further help you would have to ask again and I would suggest that you set up a worksheet and attach it.
If you are not using the latest version of Prime (version 9 at this time) you also should clearly say so.

Werner_E_0-1697329176674.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Prime does not support plotting implicit given functions like other software may do, so you can't use the given equation directly. You can solve it for y and plot the upper and lower semicircle in two different traces. There will be gaps between the two which could be minimized by choosing a rather dense range variable for x.

A better way is to use the standard parameter representation of the circle where the whole circle can be plotted in one go.

The attached sheet (format Prime 9) should help.

For further help you would have to ask again and I would suggest that you set up a worksheet and attach it.
If you are not using the latest version of Prime (version 9 at this time) you also should clearly say so.

Werner_E_0-1697329176674.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Announcements

Top Tags